Application Engineering serves as the technical liaison between Design Engineering and Operations and Hayward Tyler’s Sales & Marketing group and our customers. Primary responsibilities are generating proposals for New Unit, Replacement Unit, Retrofit Unit, Engineering Services and other unique opportunities. Additional responsibilities are providing technical support in a broad range of areas including sales support for customer presentations; internal and external training on pump operation and Hayward Tyler equipment; developing supply chain candidates and troubleshooting and failure analysis.
Job Description and Duties:
The Application Engineer I is an entry-level engineering position at Hayward Tyler for a candidate pursuing a career in pump engineering or business development. This individual, under the supervision of the Sr. Application Engineer and Director of Business Development, will assist with the selection of appropriate Hayward Tyler product, development of costing models and lead times, and proposal preparation in response to customer requests for quotation. The AE-I will also work closely with Design Engineering to produce and maintain customer specific design documents and specifications including the generation of concept drawings for customer proposals.
This position requires an individual with initiative, an interest in learning, and a flexible approach to respond to a wide variety of assignments and shifting priorities. Performance of these duties requires the use of sound engineering practice and close collaboration with Sales, Engineering, Operations, and Supply Chain to size and select equipment and estimate cost and lead time to produce high-value solutions for our customers.
• Prepare sales quotations and proposals for products, including price and delivery.
• Reviews customer’s Technical Specifications and terms and conditions identifying technical exceptions, commercial exceptions, and/or comments required for Hayward Tyler to provide an acceptable product.
• Works with Design Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing and to develop material and labor cost estimates.
• Works with the supply base on developing technical requirements and costs estimates for new projects
• Manage business development opportunities as necessary
• Prepares order review files for transfer to Design Value Stream after contract award
• Support the resolution of customer complaints and warranty issues.
• Work closes with Design Engineering to prepare customer specific contract documents.
• Other related duties as required
• BS Engineering degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or similar field.
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable and well organized.
• Basic PC skills, including experience using MS Word, Excel or equivalent.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications.
• Expected travel is less than 5% yearly.
Share it using the tools below.