Job Description and Duties
Provides a high level of quality assurance engineering work involving broad assignments at an engineered product company active in critical to function equipment design. Qualified candidates are able to plan, complete, and direct quality engineering work associated with improving and maintaining the HTI Quality Program. Establishes priorities for work assigned and that delegated to others. Provides work direction and technical expertise to those department personnel engaged in tasks assigned.
All quality assurance engineering work is completed in accordance with HTI’s Quality Principles:
- Understand customers’ business objectives as well as their technical requirements
- Agree what can be delivered in what timeframe and develop a plan on how delivery can be met
- Work co-operatively with all departments and suppliers to exceed customer expectations
- Make the right people, with the correct level of authority, skills and experience, available for the project
- Identify and manage risks jointly
- Always develop and execute a quality plan
- Ensure sufficient staff training and help to manage the impact of change
- 10CFR50 App B.
Principal duties performed in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Manager consist of, but are not limited to:
- Completion of supplier surveys and audits, and maintenance of the Approved Supplier List
- Completion of external surveys and audits – such as ASME, ISO, NUPIC, Customer, Order surveillance
- Completion of internal audits
- Creating and driving completion of Corrective Actions
- Drive reduction in Discrepant Material Reports (DMR)
- Expert in ASME Code activities – such as welding, hydrostatic testing, Non-Destructive Examination (NDE), Code Stamping, Authorized Nuclear Inspector (ANI) interface
- Documentation Control
- Procedure development in relationship to Quality Program requirements
- Ownership of the QA Manual
- Provide oversight on Employee training
- Generate reports on Quality Assurance metrics
- In depth knowledge of various Codes, regulations & standards to which HTI has committed to compliance
Secondary duties performed in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Manager consist of, but are not limited to:
- Assist Quality Engineer during absences and high workflow periods as required
- Substitutes for documentation coordinator and inspection activities during absences and during high workflow periods as required.
- Executes quality plans, controls and ensures product and process quality assurance in accordance with quality program, regulation and contractual requirements.
- Assists the QA Manager in implementing quality program, and customer contract requirements. Including tracking, analyzing, reporting and problem solving. Responsible to drive down the cost of quality from both internally and externally made product and services. Major focus will be on costs from DMRs and warranties.
- Expected to participate in nuclear/quality related user groups and conferences (ASME, NIAC, NUPIC, etc).
- Other related duties as required
- BS in Engineering.
- 2-5 years work experience of quality control inspection or quality program implementation
- Basic understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques. This includes knowledge of management and planning tools, quality tools, preventive and corrective actions, and how to overcome barriers to quality improvements
- Basic understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, customer expectations and satisfaction, supplier relations and performance, leadership, training, interpersonal relationships, improvement systems and professional ethics
- Basic understanding of a nuclear quality system and its development, documentation and implementation to domestic and international standards or requirements
- Basic understanding of the audit process including types of audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
- Expected travel is 5-10% yearly
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and general computer knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, organized and highly motivated
- Working knowledge of ASME B & PV Codes Section III and/or VIII
- Current NDE Certifications
- ASQ Certification – Auditor