The Office of the Sergeant at Arms seeks to hire a Doorkeeper for the 2022 legislative session. This role is responsible for assessing and maintaining order while the Vermont General Assembly is in session.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of one year of college coursework or equivalent work experience.
• 4+ years of related work experience.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or related working experience in the legislature.
• 5+ years of teaching experience or certified law enforcement experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including a willingness to interface with all legislators, staff, and members of the public.
• Ability to remain nonpartisan in a political environment.
• Adept at working effectively both independently and as a team member in an environment that is fast paced and demanding.
• Ability to maintain a flexible schedule including working extended hours.
• Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
• Must be able to remain in a standing position up to 60% of the time. Able to ambulate stairs in an emergency situation.
This is a full-time, temporary position, and does not include benefits. This position is located in Montpelier, VT and requires the successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
To apply for this job, log in/register on this website and click the “APPLY FOR JOB” button on this job posting.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter. Please put your name and “doorkeeper” in the subject field of the e-mail.
The Office of the Sergeant at Arms is an equal opportunity employer and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.