The operations manager portion of the job includes oversight and management of all the finances, classes, workshops, programs, and events at the Vermont Indigenous Heritage Center. They will work with the Alnôbaiwi Council in their mission to teach and learn Abenaki heritage.
The grants management portion of this position will include managing overall grant efforts, optimizing the grant administration process, overseeing fund-raising, preparing progress reports, ensuring compliance with grant regulations, reviewing grant proposals, managing grant databases, and preparing financial reports. Your skills and expertise in successful grants management will aid our organization in serving the public by securing continuous funding, improving business opportunities through effective funding programs, and executing meaningful projects.
The ideal candidate for this role should have superior organizational skills, great leadership qualities, and exceptional budgeting and monitoring skills. The outstanding grants manager should ensure that grant programs operate efficiently, streamline grant administration, and keep our organization fiscally sound. The grants manager should also exhibit interpersonal skills as they navigate between the Alnobaiwi Council, other bands, volunteers, and the broader community.
Operations/Grants Manager Responsibilities:
· Manage the scheduling, advertising, ticketing and set up of all classes, events and programs.
· Supervise the training and scheduling of the tour guides.
· Manage the website.
· Prepare reports for the monthly Council meetings.
· Oversee the maintenance of the VIHC village and grounds
· Work with the bookkeeping firm to manage the organization’s finances.
· Supervise and manage volunteers.
· Research funding opportunities.
· Optimizing the grant administration process.
· Manage grant timelines and deliverables.
· Prepare and monitor budgets.
· Track grant applications.
· Degree in business administration or equivalent experience.
· Good communication/interpersonal skills.
· Project management skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Budgeting and accounting experience.
· Computer literacy.
· Strong writing skills.
$35/hour, 30 hours/week
Submission deadline for letter of interest and resume: December 15, 2022
Share it using the tools below.