A salaried position, the Relocation Coordinator, is a key member of the Relocation team at a site. The RC is responsible for overseeing/implementing the day-to-day relocation tasks required at a site. This includes but is not limited to working closely with residents to prepare them for and assist them with all required relocation activities; supervising other HOU staff members at the site, as necessary; interfacing and communicating regularly with the client; managing third-party vendors such as moving companies, cleaners, pest control companies; data collection and tracking; and monitoring site budget and expenses. It is expected that this is done with a positive attitude and a solutions-based approach. The RC represents HOU at internal and external events and activities and is constantly forwarding our mission and reputation. The Relocation Coordinator is exempt from working from home.
STATUS: Full-Time; Exempt
● Oversee and participate in the surveying of residents to best understand their relocation needs and preferences regarding relocation.
● Participate in/convene resident and community meetings/drop-in sessions to discuss the relocation process as well as resident relocation rights and benefits.
● Prepare and distribute appropriate notices to affected households regarding the relocation program; ensure proof of resident receipt for notices requiring such proof.
● Provide relocation counseling and assistance in compliance with applicable Federal, State, and/or local regulations.
● Provide support to Assistant Project Director and Project Director in the development of funder/regulatory-required relocation plan and administer relocation policies as outlined in this approved relocation plan.
● Coordinate flow of information between HOU, Property Management, the Client, and each Resident.
● Provide weekly and monthly reports to Client, Director, and Development team and update/maintain relocation files, database, lottery list (if needed), and relocation tracking reports.
● Create an agenda for weekly Relocation Meetings; take minutes of each meeting and circulate to the team within 48 hours of meeting.
● Conduct pre-inspection of units to ensure it meets Decent, Safe and Sanitary requirements of URA prior to offering providing a comparable unit offer.
● Notify residents of their move date and provide ongoing contact and support to ensure that they are prepared to move.
● Provide assistance with arranging for moves, including packing/unpacking assistance, utility disconnection and reconnection, and completing a change of address forms (if applicable) for households desiring such assistance.
● Schedule, coordinate and supervise moves and other associated tasks, such as pest inspection, unit turnover, etc. (dependent upon client and job)
● Work closely with construction, property management, development, and moving contractors to ensure residents have vacated their units in accordance with the demolition/renovation and relocation schedule, keys have been turned over to property management, and units are properly secured.
● Establish procedures for minimizing resident property damage, including inventorying furniture and taking photos/video, and serve as the initial point of contact regarding resident claims of damage/loss.
● Interphase with resident’s family/friends and/or social services staff to ensure seamless provision of services and/or to address obstacles to relocation.
● Represent HOU to local, state, and federal agencies, the private housing industry, and community groups as necessary.
● Participate in weekly supervision and scheduled site meetings with the Project Managers.
● Ensure relocation files contain required documentation and the data-tracking system is updated regularly.
● Experience in relocation services, social services, customer service or other such similar fields preferred.
● Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
● Able to work with diverse populations and to communicate effectively with numerous stakeholder groups including staff, clients, and residents.
● Ability to work under strict time constraints and on a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Understands the importance of team and can be an integral and effective team member.
● (If supervising staff) Ability to lead and organize staff.
● Self-directed, ability to work independently and multitask.
● A positive attitude and a propensity to learn and take on more tasks and responsibilities.
● Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google docs, as well as Database applications.
● Ability to be a creative problem-solver.
● (If specific language required due to resident population) Able to provide interpreting and written translations.
● Excellent organizational skills
HOU offers a competitive salary and provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, health reimbursement account (HRA), FSA, life, vision, dental, disability insurance, paid time off and sick leave, flexible work schedule, and a 401K retirement plan.
HOU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOU is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek a diverse staff that is reflective of the community we serve.
Share it using the tools below.