The Program Manager oversees the adult programs, assists with both the youth programs and all sailing programs throughout the year. The Program Manager is involved with the hiring process and management of seasonal staff. The position is full-time, year-round. They will be in contact with parents, staff, and campers and therefore must be friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable of the rules, regulations and operations of the Center. The candidate must enjoy working with children and adults and being on the water. This candidate should have a strong sailing work history and be a US Sailing certified instructor. The work schedule of this position is flexible and may require weekend availability during the summer season.
Time Commitment: Full-time, Year-Round.
Responsible to: Program Director
· Lead sailing programs. Includes running sailing lessons, weekly scheduling, email outreach to participants and their families.
· Group program management. Lead instruct during group sails and conduct follow-up.
· Manage Adult Programs, including curriculum development, outreach materials, staff support, and schedules.
· Assist in staff observations and feedback as well as pre-season training in conjunction with the Program Director.
· Teach sailing on keelboats to different organizations.
· Assist in pre/post-season setup and maintenance of boats and equipment.
· Communicate with parents, sailors, and other CSC staff and users effectively and with respect.
· Responsible for teaching and enforcing proper care and storage of all Center equipment and boats.
· Share the manager on-duty responsibility with the management team.
· Enforce all Center policies, improve on water safety, and defer to Program Director as necessary.
· Strong background in dinghy and keelboat sailing.
· Experience in program management. Including implementation of curriculum and management of youth.
· Capable of general boat maintenance.
· Current First Aid/CPR certification.
· Excellent organization, communication, and team management skills.
$40,000 – $45,000 Starting annual salary depending on experience.
To apply for this job, click the “APPLY FOR JOB” button on this job posting.